A Provident HSA Offers Many Advantages
There are a variety of benefits to having a Provident Credit Union Health Savings Account:
Security. Your HSA allows you to save money tax-free to pay for high or unexpected medical bills. And your account is insured through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
Affordability. You can lower your health insurance premiums by switching to coverage with a higher deductible.
Flexibility. You can use the funds in your HSA to pay for current medical expenses, including those that your insurance may not cover. Or you can save the money in your account for future needs, such as:
- Health insurance or medical expenses if you become unemployed
- Medical expenses after you retire, including Medicare premiums
- Out-of-pocket expenses, once you're covered by Medicare
- Long-term care expenses and insurance
Big Savings. You can save the money in your Provident HSA for future medical expenses, and the Provident HSA account earns 0.55% APY. You can also sign up for Provident HSA certificates to save for future events, including retirement.
Control. You make all the decisions about:
- How much money to contribute to your HSA
- Whether to use the money in your account for day-to-day medical expenses or save it for the future
- Which medical expenses to pay from the account
Accessibility. Your Provident HSA includes:
- 24/7 phone and online account access
- Debit card and checks
- 1099-INT Tax forms sent to you every year
Portability. You can keep your Provident HSA even if you:
- Change jobs
- Change your medical coverage
- Become unemployed
- Move to another state
- Change your marital status
Ownership. Funds remain in your HSA from year to year, just like an IRA. There are no "use it or lose it" restrictions.
Tax Savings. You can keep your Provident HSA even if:
- Your annual contributions are tax-deductible up to the maximum allowable amount
- The interest you earn is tax-free
- Your qualified withdrawals are free from income tax
Start saving on medical expenses.
Or call us at (800) 632-4600.
Already a Provident Member? You can Apply Online to open an HSA.